Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am 20 years old and brand new to hunting. I got a general season turkey permit and I am planning on going. The only problem is I have no idea where to start. I would love a general area throughout Utah that would be a good place to start. No one in my family hunts.I would love a general idea on where to go if you are willing to give it to me. Your help would be very much appreciated and not up Farmington Canyon because I already looked there and I couldn't find anything haha.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Sorry cant help,but welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
9,421 Posts
Head up the canyons to the snow line if you can find any. Other than that follow the draws that have water coming out of them up to the green meadows and hope that you get lucky for a first time hunter.

Or be like some and keep reciting to yourself, got to find that roost tree, got to find that roost tree, got to find that roost tree. And then if you find it plan accordingly.

You'll be able to tell a roost tree by all the turkey droppings under the large limbs where they roost. You can also check out these videos.

http://wildlife.utah.gov/wildlife-news/1631-learn-turkey-hunting-basics-in-video-series.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts