Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the Henry Mountains well? I am thinking of going down to drive around and start getting to know my way around over the Thanksgiving weekend. I have maps, and see that it's a big area.....and am looking for any advice about which parts are best deer hunting. Should I go in from the north, south, just what areas are best for deer hunting. I know everyone says I won't draw, but I beleive I will be hunting deer there next year, and I just bought a new truck, so I'm itching to go driving! Any suggestions will be appreciated :mrgreen:

·
Registered
623 Posts
You going on a gut feeling, or do you have 27 points? Hunt Sawmill basin, and anything from bull creek pass to the peek of Mt ellen and down to the east saddle, another good spot and a trail we chain sawed thru avalanch dead fall is deer haven. Bucks have been seen in bromide basin, wickiup pass, south summit loop, and down by the old school bus. Sorry I didn't cap properly.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
.45 said:
elk22hunter thinks he owns the place.... :mrgreen:

You might try him...
I just returned from a week of bison hunting down there. I didn't see any "for sale" signs, so that would make me think that I do still own that place. :lol:

I do have a certain fondness for the mountain, that is for sure.

The deer are rutting right now and are all over the place. Definately not necessarily where they will be at hunting time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts