Utah Wildlife Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
What did you guys ever figure out? I'm in southern Utah (St. George). The tiny spots down here that are marked for extended archery are already closed and are basically all private. My mother in law lives in herriman. I was thinking of making a trip up if I can find a place to hunt for a weekend.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just touching base to see if anyone has been out this year? I am staying at my in-laws in Herriman. I've got my bow and am able to hunt extended. Id be on thin ice if I took off to hunt in the next few days while I'm up here, but I'm willing to take the flack if there are deer up there. From my research, there is a very small part of the extended archery area that is actually public and if its been pressured/there aren't typically deer in there I don't want to risk the wrath. If there are deer there, I'll take the heat for going out. Any input?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Just touching base to see if anyone has been out this year? I am staying at my in-laws in Herriman. I've got my bow and am able to hunt extended. Id be on thin ice if I took off to hunt in the next few days while I'm up here, but I'm willing to take the flack if there are deer up there. From my research, there is a very small part of the extended archery area that is actually public and if its been pressured/there aren't typically deer in there I don't want to risk the wrath. If there are deer there, I'll take the heat for going out. Any input?
It’s not a far drive to the front extended area that has plenty of public ground.
Sorry no experience with the Herriman extended area

·
Registered
276 Posts
Herriman Extended will have had plenty of pressure by now. I have spent parts of 4 different days up there over the last couple weeks and have always had 3-5 vehicles at the access point. You will also have company from mountain bikers and trail runners. But, it is close and a 2-3 hour morning or evening jaunt could turn something up. As mentioned previously you could also check out Wasatch extended. It is a great time of year for a hike on the mountain either way.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts