Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Utah Wildlife,
I'm new thought I would introduce myself and hopefully share my UT hunting experiences with the group. I'm on a few other forums as well mostly hunttalk. I hunt big game and waterfowl in most of the west and own a farm in Indiana that every year I archery hunt whitetails on during the rut. Over the last 5 years I have been fortunate to expand my efforts to other western states including UT. I will be hunting UT for the first time this season on a general season muzzleloader tag. I've met a lot of good people on forums over the years and have helped many others and have been helped. As a unguided DIY hunter who often hunts solo I have been lucky to draw tags in AZ, WY, OR, CA, CO and MT. This season I will be hunting deer in UT, deer in Indiana and will probably be hunting elk in CO but I'm still waiting on the draw. Not sure if I will make an antelope trip this year, but have/will a few applications in. Anyway, here is a photo of my last archery whitetail and a mule buck from CA.

·
Registered
9,946 Posts
Welcome.

As introductions go, this one is pretty good. What part of Utah are you hunting?

PS: Thats a great whitetail, and unique muley.

-DallanC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome.

As introductions go, this one is pretty good. What part of Utah are you hunting?

PS: Thats a great whitetail, and unique muley.

-DallanC
Thanks DallanC. I drew the vernal bonanza tag ML with 2 nonresident points. I think I was pretty fortunate to draw with the tag reduction this year, so I'm put in the full court press on it. I'm planning on scouting it at least once this summer and combining it with some Unita lakes fishing. Really can't wait to see a new area a little and maybe catch a few high mountain trout.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks DallanC. I drew the vernal bonanza tag ML with 2 nonresident points. I think I was pretty fortunate to draw with the tag reduction this year, so I'm put in the full court press on it. I'm planning on scouting it at least once this summer and combining it with some Unita lakes fishing. Really can't wait to see a new area a little and maybe catch a few high mountain trout.
Good thing to hear, What are you doing these days?

·
Administrator
21,349 Posts
Great pics! Welcome to the Forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts