Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been out there yet to check the ice? I heard a rumor that a few folks were out there last week and there was about 3 inches of ice, anyone confirm this? I might go out there tonight if I can get some time to check it out myself I suppose.With the run of subfreezing weather we have had the last week I would guess it is at least that or more.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well to answer my own question and for others that may have want to know, Holmes Creek is frozen and fishable. There were pleny of tracks out on to the ice and I found a few recently drilled holes and the ice looks to be be 4-6 inches...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another follow up on this is that the fishing for stocked rainbows is good now on Holmes. I fished it for a few hours this afternoon with 1/32nd maraboo jigs tipped with worms and I had many misses and did manage to hook into 3 good size bows. A few others on the ice had the same report and told of others they knew with the same experience.

·
Registered
724 Posts
That sounds like fun, It's also close to home.
I'll have to get up there and give it a try.
Thanks for the info.
Maybe see ya up there.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I have heard good things of ice fishing Syracuse in the past as well, in case anybody is interested. Dunno how it is this year though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts