Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the new turkey proc and there's alot of changes.

#'s, hunting areas and dates.

I filled my tag last year after 5 years of putting in and to my suprise there's no more waiting period this year, so I'm back in the game.

Whats the pro's and con's of the turkey changes in your guys opion??? Number are up and the turkeys are doing well.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
the number of tag going up is good. i think there should be a waiting time aleast two years.But we will see how thing go this year. i cant draw a tag even if they gave a 1000 tags for one hunt. :lol: what i seen im happy with it.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I don't see any harm in liberalizing the numbers. If you're shooting only Toms- you aren't really affecting the population-- assuming at least one gets away.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
are gobblers are growing like mad house and that a good thing. yea where not going to hurt them by shooting toms only. i hope i get a tag this year.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think there will be so many people out there with tags this year.
There will be alot of over crowding, like the opening of the general rifle deer.

Alot of the B and M'ing people that have not drew a tag in the previous years will get their anwser this year. :shock:

·
Registered
289 Posts
What's with the Southern Region having 1,802 permits , as well as the Central Region having 748, and the Northern Region 614 permits. I didn't realize we had that many tom's?

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Im not sure what to think about the increased tags. Its a good thing of course. Im just a little worried that after 6 years of waiting the area I wanted to hunt is going to be pretty crowded. If anyone has any suggestions on a good area with few tags PM me please! I dont want to waste these points! :D

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I am not worried, my buddy drew last year and we never saw another hunter. We were in the 'secret' spot though. :D

·
Premium Member
2,110 Posts
cfarnwide said:
Im just a little worried that after 6 years of waiting the area I wanted to hunt is going to be pretty crowded.:D
No need to worry (at least if I understand the new regs correctly.)

The "Limited Entry" units seem to be pretty much the same, so as long as you put in for that and not the new "extended late season" you will have no more competition than before.

Good luck,

caleb 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts