Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit BRBR today for the youth hunt. I will say this was by far the worst youth hunt I have been on. Enough water but bird seemed way down. What did you guys see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
All of it. Hiking is terrible without a gun or rod in my hands.
832 Posts
Survey numbers in Canada have been pretty low. Low water levels in the midwest (and Mountain West) are having an impact on hatches. Too bad.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
We hit Farmington. ROUGH is an understatement. I’ve never seen bird numbers so low. If the kids were shooters, limits were definitely available. But it was pretty bad.
Same for us at FB. Enough birds for limits if you shoot halfway decently, but bird numbers were down. I really think the front that came through before the hunt pushed some of the birds out and didn’t bring new ones in. I saw a lot more birds 10 days before the hunt than the day of.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Same for us at FB. Enough birds for limits if you shoot halfway decently, but bird numbers were down. I really think the front that came through before the hunt pushed some of the birds out and didn’t bring new ones in. I saw a lot more birds 10 days before the hunt than the day of.
They didn’t shoot the clubs for the youth hunt. That definitely makes a difference as far as getting birds moving

1 - 9 of 9 Posts