Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you do on the first couple days of the muzzey, got some pics?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
This was my buck, killed in the Northern Region on Public Land on the second day-

This was my buddys buck (left) killed on the opener in the same spot I killed mine-

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
ntrl brn rebel, you must have been down pretty low do not see any snow. nice buck any way. saw very few deer this year maybe 15 all together in two days. will try somewhere different monday.

·
Registered
64 Posts
hard huntin for me, got snowed out, hiked out, hunted out. saw 20 deer. wish i was elk hunting, i was in elk heaven all week.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
We didnt shoot anything but are buddies saw five bucks 2 two points and 3 4 points one about 26in to far away. I passed up a little yearling 3point on the road it was a fun hunt.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have been seeing a lot of bucks but they have all been too far away. Opening day saw fifteen bucks most were 2 points there were a couple 3 points worth shooting if they were closer. Other than that it has been one here and there.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Dave your deers antlers look like a white tails.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I blasted him @ 42 yards opening morning. He scores 156 1/8,not too bad for a 3 point with no eyeguards.

·
Registered
812 Posts
this years muzzy hunt was a blast one of the best hunts i have been on. i too was in elk heaven all week long saw at least 20 different bulls up close and personal would have taken all but 2 if i had the chance. deer wise i was able to put a stalk on 2 different 4 points got to 60 yards on both when the deer look behind them and took off. each time another hunter had skylined on the ridge the deer were on. but no worries i still have the rifle hunt to look forward to. not to mention i will be dreaming of big ole elk for quite awhile now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I also shot my first muzzy buck this year. I actually passed on him the day before, but couldn't hold out the next day as we were headed back to break down camp. Shot him at 40 yards through both lungs with a 50 cal. 245gr. AeroTip, he didn't go far!

Rut

·
Registered
435 Posts
RuttCrazed said:
I also shot my first muzzy buck this year.
Nice job :!: Thanks for posting the pics. I dare say that is what we all like to see, so those lucky hunters out there get yourselves a camera and post your pics. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here is my little guy. Taken Sunday morning, with a hawken .50 at about 40 yards.

I wanted something bigger, but my son talked me into this one. Kids... :roll: :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.