Utah Wildlife Forum banner

21 - 40 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
What method did you use to rule out any one of the several dozen possibilities for these perceived deformities and determine that is was solely because of herbicide ingestion?
Why don't you conduct one of your counter "research projects" and tell us all about it.

First, they are more than just perceived deformities, they exist in the world as real tangible expressions of disrupted biogenesis. The genes of these deer are not coding correctly, and something is causing that via epigenetics.

Secondly, please explain the "several dozen" other possibilities, the biochemistry, and the genetics behind these other "possibilities". You have me so intrigued now as to what these possibilities are. Start with the simplest and most obvious "Spike On One Side" research, and expand it out from there. Maybe call a few "biologists" and see what they have to mumble about it.

As usual, casting a little doubt is the best you can do, because you don't know anything about any of this, and side with the anti hunters on this faster than anyone else on this forum.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Instead of attacking me just simply answer the question, is that too much to ask? After all I did already debunk the Glyphosate-Avian Cholera connection with ACTUAL scientifically FACTUAL evidence. Conjecture doesn't pass scientific methods but feel free to flame away.
You did not debunk anything, you only showed that there is not enough evidence at this time for a link between glyphosate and avian cholera. I on the other hand demonstrated a connection between glyphostate and avian botulism(you helped reinforce this case), and the US Fish and Wildlife service vindicated my original theory that those 2000+ geese did indeed die because of the use of pesticides. I said they died of pesticides, and they did, the only inaccuracy on my part was what pesticide.

BTW, considering that waterfowl are not my field of study, I hit that one pretty square.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Glyphosate is not a pesticide!

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
How can anyone debate someone with a PhD in Google. I give up you win. Everything you say is right and you're the worlds smartest wildlife expert

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
How can anyone debate someone with a PhD in Google. I give up you win. Everything you say is right and you're the worlds smartest wildlife expert
Its easy when I am arguing with someone that does not even know the definition of the title of the subject.

Its like showing up to a car show and listening to you tell us how a Corvette is not a car. Whats next? Deer are not cervids? Goats are not caprines? Sorry for being able to define words, yeah you got me there, that was really good. Further more, YOU are the guy that has claimed on this forum that YOU posses degrees in wildlife biology and forestry, yet you have never been able to back that claim up. You are a farce and a fraud, and a friend of the anti hunting crowd.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Pesticide is also a heavy metal band from Czechoslovakia. They play straightforward rock/metal, dirty licks, heavy beats and fat bass! I looked it up.
They might be able to help us with our wildlife problem:

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Moderators is it acceptable to call someone names and lie about them in posts? I would hope that's not acceptable behavior and would raise a word of caution

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Moderators is it acceptable to call someone names and lie about them in posts? I would hope that's not acceptable behavior and would raise a word of caution
Yeah!, Lost lying about himself having degrees and calling himself a biologist is completely unacceptable, and should raise some caution amongst forum readers.

When they can't back it up, they back down and whine.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
When I call you an anti hunter, it is because you endorse anti hunting concepts like the use of pesticides on wildlife, while denying their negative impacts on us as hunters. There for condoning the decline of wildlife and hunting that that causes. That is just a fact, it is not libelous. It is you being a reflexive anti hunter.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Or maybe you are talking about me saying you do not knowing anything about any of this? but I assume that is pretty self evident to everyone.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Do you have a "recipe" for mag lick? I wouldn't mind putting some out in my area of the wasatch. They are doing a moose study currently and mineral deficiency is a cause of a few deaths.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Do you have a "recipe" for mag lick? I wouldn't mind putting some out in my area of the wasatch. They are doing a moose study currently and mineral deficiency is a cause of a few deaths.
The two links take you to you some decently priced mag chloride on Ebay. The moose on the Wasatch unit have suffered specifically from copper and selenium deficiencies. Both of which are probably tied to metabolic disruption. Copper deficiencies in moose have very recently been diagnosed as non insulin dependent type II diabetes. This has been observed in other species as well. The selenium deficiencies are probably tied to thyroid dysfunction, and along with the other mineral deficiencies Utah moose have suffered, I would put money on pesticide induced metabolic acidosis as being the root cause. Metabolic acidosis has been shown to create long term mineral deficiencies, long after the acidosis itself has been corrected.

Recipe: You can put up to about 20% by weight mag-chloride into loose salt. But so far the best results I have seen is to mix it with high iron content clay(chelating). So basically some red sticky Utah dirt. Find a spot with dirt like this(the deer, elk, and moose already seek these out) and dump some mag into it. To speed things up you can add some water to wash it into the soil.

If you are going to use salt blocks, look for "Selenium 90" blocks. These contain 90 ppm selenium. It was not too many years ago that you could only get 36ppm selenium in feed salts. About 10 years ago a colleague of mine had to have special blocks made to get 60ppm selenium. But now you can get 90ppm at most feed stores. This is because the rates of weak calf syndrome in cattle has soared over the last several years, simultaneously with a huge expansion of herbicide use to clear brush. A symptom of "weak calf syndrome" is selenium deficiency. WCS is marked by still births, miscarriages, weak calves, bent front limbs, and under bites in calves. Pesticides>>>thyroid disruption(selenium deficiency connection)>>>Sonic hedgehog biogenesis disruption. Selenium supplementation helps this by restoring T4 conversion in the thyroid, there for mitigating some of the problems associated with the pesticide exposure. Or maybe it is just aliens.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-Pounds-M...030?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20fb807426

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pounds-Ma...980?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c919db97c

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
In the case of Diabetes, metabolic acidosis is probably a secondary symtom of the diabetes itself, leading to other issues: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/242975-overview

Diabetes being brought on by pesticide exposure: http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/complications/related-conditions/agent-orange.html Yeah **** wildlife and Veterans. They keep pointing to dioxin contamination in 2,4,5-T in agent orange as being the culprit for this. And interestedly 2,4-D(used on road ways) the other half of Agent Orange has been shown to be contaminated with high levels of dioxins: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-22/four-corners-dangerous-dioxins/4833848

More on the link between diabetes and herbicides: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pesticides-cause-diabetes-what-new-study-says/

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The copper magnesium connection: http://www.intechopen.com/books/dia...dent-diabetes-mellitus-treated-with-metformin

"Our results are in accordance with other authors that evinced positive correlations between plasma Cu and glycemia. [58] Once again it is proved that there is a disbalance in the copper ions in diabetes type 2 and once proved the implications of these cations in the pathogenesis and complications of diabetes."

"The increased oxidative stress in diabetes mellitus contribute to the development of diabetic macrovascular and microvascular complications through increased lipid oxidation, especially by increasing oxidation of LDL, which is a crucial step in the development of atherosclerosis. Magnesium can reduce the oxidative stress [57] and we consider that this is an important mechanism for antiatherogenic action of certain antidiabetes drugs."

·
Administrator
21,349 Posts
Pesticide is also a heavy metal band from Czechoslovakia. They play straightforward rock/metal, dirty licks, heavy beats and fat bass! I looked it up.
Everybody loves a fat bass.

Reactions: Lonetree

·
Administrator
21,349 Posts
Or maybe you are talking about me saying you do not knowing anything about any of this? but I assume that is pretty self evident to everyone.
OK LT and LL, this is an interesting and important thread. Don't ruined it with personal bickering.

I have an affected interest in this thread. I worked for a cross-country pipeline company for 30 years. Also live and work in the Wyoming gas patch and travel on hundreds of miles of mag-chloride roads in the middle of good big game country.

The disagreements are great; but how you disagree sucks.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
OK LT and LL, this is an interesting and important thread. Don't ruined it with personal bickering.

I have an affected interest in this thread. I worked for a cross-country pipeline company for 30 years. Also live and work in the Wyoming gas patch and travel on hundreds of miles of mag-chloride roads in the middle of good big game country.

The disagreements are great; but how you disagree sucks.

Just following precedent.

·
Administrator
21,349 Posts

Diabetes being brought on by pesticide exposure: http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/complications/related-conditions/agent-orange.html Yeah **** wildlife and Veterans. They keep pointing to dioxin contamination in 2,4,5-T in agent orange as being the culprit for this. And interestedly 2,4-D(used on road ways) the other half of Agent Orange has been shown to be contaminated with high levels of dioxins: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-22/four-corners-dangerous-dioxins/4833848

More on the link between diabetes and herbicides: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pesticides-cause-diabetes-what-new-study-says/
For years and years Agent Orange was what we all used as a defoliant; farmers, pipelines, railroads, mines, highway departments, everybody.

It's outlawed in the USA now, but if you know yer way around you can still get it.

21 - 40 of 133 Posts