Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I look at permits available it says I have a special offer. RES ELK ANTLERLESS CONTROL. I found what the website says and pasted it below. But im still confused. I have a Archery permit. It says if the units overlap I can hunt the control elk. The archery is state wide so...

Can I hunt any control unit since the archery tag is state wide?
Can I only hunt the control unit during the general elk season Aug 15- Sep 4th or can I also hunt the control during the extended archery season? Yes, I have taken the ethics course.

During the 2015 season, the Division wants to provide more hunting opportunities on units where it is difficult to harvest antlerless elk. To provide this opportunity, the Division issues antlerless elk-control permits. You may only obtain an antlerless elk-control permit if you have a buck, bull or once-in-a-lifetime permit for areas that overlap antlerless elk-control hunting units.
Example 1: If you have a permit to hunt buck deer on the Pine Valley unit, you may purchase an antlerless elk-control permit and harvest an antlerless elk on the Pine Valley unit during your deer hunt.
Example 2: If you have an any bull elk permit and you're hunting on the South Slope unit, you can obtain an antlerless elk-control permit. You can harvest a bull elk anywhere on the unit, but you may only harvest an antlerless elk within the South Slope, Yellowstone elk-control unit.
Click the links below to see maps of Utah's antlerless elk-control hunting units:

If you obtained a permit (including general season) to harvest a buck, bull or once-in-a-lifetime species on any of the above units (not including CWMUs), you have the option of purchasing an antlerless elk-control permit.
The antlerless elk-control permit allows you to harvest an antlerless elk in the same unit where you'll already be hunting an antlered big game animal. Antlerless elk-control permits are not valid statewide. Please verify all hunt boundaries before heading into the field. You may hunt the antlerless elk only during the season dates-and with the same weapon-listed on your buck, bull or once-in-a-lifetime permit.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
When I look at permits available it says I have a special offer. RES ELK ANTLERLESS CONTROL. I found what the website says and pasted it below. But im still confused. I have a Archery permit. It says if the units overlap I can hunt the control elk. The archery is state wide so...

Can I hunt any control unit since the archery tag is state wide?
Can I only hunt the control unit during the general elk season Aug 15- Sep 4th or can I also hunt the control during the extended archery season? Yes, I have taken the ethics course.

During the 2015 season, the Division wants to provide more hunting opportunities on units where it is difficult to harvest antlerless elk. To provide this opportunity, the Division issues antlerless elk-control permits. You may only obtain an antlerless elk-control permit if you have a buck, bull or once-in-a-lifetime permit for areas that overlap antlerless elk-control hunting units.
Example 1: If you have a permit to hunt buck deer on the Pine Valley unit, you may purchase an antlerless elk-control permit and harvest an antlerless elk on the Pine Valley unit during your deer hunt.
Example 2: If you have an any bull elk permit and you're hunting on the South Slope unit, you can obtain an antlerless elk-control permit. You can harvest a bull elk anywhere on the unit, but you may only harvest an antlerless elk within the South Slope, Yellowstone elk-control unit.
Click the links below to see maps of Utah's antlerless elk-control hunting units:

If you obtained a permit (including general season) to harvest a buck, bull or once-in-a-lifetime species on any of the above units (not including CWMUs), you have the option of purchasing an antlerless elk-control permit.
The antlerless elk-control permit allows you to harvest an antlerless elk in the same unit where you'll already be hunting an antlered big game animal. Antlerless elk-control permits are not valid statewide. Please verify all hunt boundaries before heading into the field. You may hunt the antlerless elk only during the season dates-and with the same weapon-listed on your buck, bull or once-in-a-lifetime permit.
Yes, with a general archery elk permit and an antlerless elk-control permit, you can hunt any of the antlerless elk-control units during the general archery elk season. And you can also hunt during the extended archery hunts on any antlerless elk-control units that are in the extended archery areas. Just make sure you're hunting in the areas shown on the ANTLERLESS ELK-CONTROL UNIT MAPS, which are not necessarily the same as the as the general archery elk unit maps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts