Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be honest I think I'm pretty lucky. I haven't got all that many ducks or geese but so far I have two goose bands, and 1 duck band. The funny thing is I've only shot seven geese. Just curious on how many bands you folks have been lucky enough to aquire.

·
Registered
325 Posts
So far I have 2 duck bands and no geese.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I don't have one. If I get one, the low number I've acquired will make it that much more special for me. That bird or birds will be on the wall.... I figure they band a lot of Mallards right?? So hopefully eventually, the late season spots I have lined up will produce for me... at least thats my theory. :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got two bands back to back...one Mallard and one Gadwall in 2000 & 2001. Since then, and a few hundred ducks & geese later....nada.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So after hearing some of your numbers I'm thinking I am pretty **** lucky. I've probably only shot 100 ducks in my life and 7 geese. 3 bands isn't to shabby.

Keep shooting fellas They'll come. By the way they have all come from utah and none of them from the gsl.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have seven.

4 Geese all local birds.

1 Pintail from Saskatchewan
1 Gadwall from Oregon
1 Mallard from Alberta

I am on a dry spell for ducks none last year or this. Also no goose bands yet this year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2 goose bands and 1 duck band on a redhead shot this year. banded in alberta. it took me 22 years to get my first duck band.

·
Registered
292 Posts
zip notta nothin! I just started hunting ducks last year so i am not that sad about it. would be nice to get one though. So right now its ducks about 200, Carson big fat 0

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have got a big old goose egg. I have killed a hundred and something ducks and about 10 geese. I have seen guys get bands that were hunting with me though. My cousin and his buddy both got a goose with a band out of the same flock and my other cousin got one on a hen pinny a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I have 1 band from a mallard I shot last year. I probably only shot 45-50 ducks last season. It was banded in alberta.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts