Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Huge Wyoming Walleye!!!

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Nibble Nuts 
#1 ·
So I went to visit my sister in Wyoming and thought I would stop by Keyhole Reservoir and fish from the shore for a while. I thought I had snagged a rock but then it started moving. It was a Walleye that was almost 29 inches. I had it weighed on the meat scale at a grocery store in Moorcroft and it weighed in at 8.16 pounds. Since I am not at home I will try and downsize the pics and attach them soon.

#2 ·
Here are some of the pics of this fish. I didn't have a camera with me so I had to take pics at my sisters place.
[attachment=1:94749]IMG_1862.jpg[/attachment:94749]
[attachment=2:94749]IMG_1861.jpg[/attachment:94749]
[attachment=2:94749]IMG_1861.jpg[/attachment:94749]

#7 ·
Thats an awesome walleye. I know what you mean when you said you though you snagged a rock and then it slowly started to move. Those guys fight like a wet rag.

I hope to be able to post a report or two like this in the next few weeks when I go to MN for 2 weeks.

#9 ·
Thanks for the supporting comments everyone. I took plenty of pics of this girl so that I can have a replica made for the wall. I caught this fish in a shallow sandy clearing(about 3-4 feet deep) using a 1/16 oz. jig head with a black and chartreuse tube jig tipped with a dead minnow I found on some rocks. I wish I had more time to fish this lake because it is loaded with pike, walleye, crappie, smallies and monster cats.

#10 ·
Nibble Nuts said:
Thanks for the supporting comments everyone. I took plenty of pics of this girl so that I can have a replica made for the wall. I caught this fish in a shallow sandy clearing(about 3-4 feet deep) using a 1/16 oz. jig head with a black and chartreuse tube jig tipped with a dead minnow I found on some rocks. I wish I had more time to fish this lake because it is loaded with pike, walleye, crappie, smallies and monster cats.
Sounds like I need a WY fishing license and a little time off...

#11 ·
You would love some of the fishing opportunities in Wyoming. The Bighorns(west of the Keyhole area)also has some of the fastest paced brookie fishing I have ever done. But you should have some real success for the eyes if you are going to Minnesota. I talked with a guy a few days ago who was telling me about his fishing exploits up there, they caught hundreds of eyes. Someday I hope to try the upper midwest. Good luck and don't forget the camera like I always do.

#13 ·
Nibble Nuts said:
You would love some of the fishing opportunities in Wyoming. The Bighorns(west of the Keyhole area)also has some of the fastest paced brookie fishing I have ever done. But you should have some real success for the eyes if you are going to Minnesota. I talked with a guy a few days ago who was telling me about his fishing exploits up there, they caught hundreds of eyes. Someday I hope to try the upper midwest. Good luck and don't forget the camera like I always do.
Yeah it should be a good time in Minnesota. Im taking all my Walleye and Pike gear, and I ALWAYS have a camera over the shoulder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.