Utah Wildlife Forum banner

hunt during the holidays

945 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  andygrand 
#1 ·
Have a request of sorts for anyone that may be able to help. I am going to be coming home for the holidays, and had hoped to get a hunt in with my brother. I don't get to hunt with him much because I live out of state. I have been talking with him lately, and he told me that almost everything has frozen up. Being that we are both foot soldiers that makes it hard to hunt. I am looking for someone that is willing to take us out on a boat with them, or maybe point us in the direction of somewhere that we may be able to get into some birds. I realize that this is a big request, and I would not normally ask this. There are certain circumstances that make this hunt really really important to me. I would put them in here however, I dont want this thread to turn into something that it is not meant to be. If you are thinking you might be able to help me or want to get some more info please PM me and I will give you all the info regarding the circumstances that you need. Oh almost forgot I am willing to do anything I am asked and I will also help with the cost of fuel and what not.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I am going to be in the Salt Lake valley when I get home. I am looking for any info. It has been a while since I got to hunt with him. We have tried to go and do some hunting when the freeze happens at farmington bay. We have walked miles and miles and most of the time it is all for naught. I don't really care about what info you can give, as I realize any info from a stranger is a gift. For fowl habits, I am not sure what you mean by stats...but I am 26 5'8" male.... I am not crazy or anything like that( have a government secret clearance to prove it) I will be shooting a new benelli nova that will be a christmas gift. As for my hunting resume... I am an avid but not super experienced duck hunter in the sense that I am an expert caller, and I do not limit out most of my hunts in fact I have only done that once. I have hunted for two seasons, I understand the rules and etiquette of hunting with someone else. I know my way around guns, and so does my bro. We have both hunted several years for other species. He is a more experienced duck hunter than I am, in fact he is the one that introduced me to it. If you need more info let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.