Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first muzzleloader hunt. From what I understand, I don't need to wear orange. Is this correct? Just want to have all my bases covered.
Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone this Wednesday.

·
760 Posts
This is my first muzzleloader hunt. From what I understand, I don't need to wear orange. Is this correct? Just want to have all my bases covered.
I would wear a camo orange hat if I were you though. I've had some scary situations. Be safe

·
1,669 Posts
I would take an orange vest and put it in your backpack, if you plan on packing the animal out on your back.

I would put the vest on the antlers of the deer/elk/antelope when packing it out as a precaution.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Especially with all the people posting wanting to lob lead 300 yards with a 1x scope...

-DallanC
My thoughts too.. Wont be long before we have to wear orange with all these people wanting more powerful scopes and shooting 200-300 yards on the muzzy...

Traditional all the way!

But in short to the poster, like was said, no you dont.

·
1,669 Posts
My thoughts too.. Wont be long before we have to wear orange with all these people wanting more powerful scopes and shooting 200-300 yards on the muzzy...

Traditional all the way!

But in short to the poster, like was said, no you dont.
Wait until someone takes an arrow to the knee from a 150 yard lob.

#Orange4All

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
In all my scouting last week during the LE rifle hunt I did not see one spec of orange.:noidea:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I carry a role of orange marker tape, if your packing out you can mark antlers with it...... last forever and takes up hardly any room in your pack. And of course good for marking blood trails. Just remember to unmarked once your done.

·
760 Posts
One time I was just about to pull the trigger on a nice deer and I could barely make out my cousin in direct line of fire behind the deer because he had on an orange hat. Could of ended real bad and last year my friend had a guy point a gun right at him because he could not see him. Its just a matter of time until something bad happens. I hope not.Things don't just getting dangerous hauling out the deer. So now lets go huntin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts