Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stole Goobs recipe Hunter-style Sage Grouse and used duck breasts man it was good, I didn't have any green peppers so I put some sliced pickled jalapenos in with a dash or 2 of sriracha chili sauce, also had no pearl onions so coarse chopped a whole onion. Served it with dirty rice,mmm good.

Attachments

Reactions: CPAjeff and wyogoob

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Ok stop y'all's is makin me hongry

·
Super Moderator
3,397 Posts
Man, that looks good. I hate to admit it now, but I have never enjoyed eating wild game. However, after joining the forum and finding all sorts of amazing recipes (mostly posted by Goob), my mind and stomach have changed!

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was funny my wife picked out all the duck and ate it leaving the carrots (her favorite) on the plate. (I ate um);-)

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Stole Goobs recipe Hunter-style Sage Grouse and used duck breasts man it was good, I didn't have any green peppers so I put some sliced pickled jalapenos in with a dash or 2 of sriracha chili sauce, also had no pearl onions so coarse chopped a whole onion. Served it with dirty rice,mmm good.
I am not trying to be critical or anything but...that's not REAL dirty rice. Just an FYI.

Maybe one day I will get on here and put my great grandmothers recipe for actual real dirty rice made the old fashioned way. I've taught it to my daughter to pass on down when I'm taking the dirt nap. I used to help make it in the kitchen with great grandma and grandma every holiday season. I still have the utensils great grandma used to grind up everything with. :grin:

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not trying to be critical or anything but...that's not REAL dirty rice. Just an FYI.

Maybe one day I will get on here and put my great grandmothers recipe for actual real dirty rice made the old fashioned way. I've taught it to my daughter to pass on down when I'm taking the dirt nap. I used to help make it in the kitchen with great grandma and grandma every holiday season. I still have the utensils great grandma used to grind up everything with. :grin:
I know its not the same as I had in Narlins but Zatarains was the closest I could get get busy and get that recipe on here holidays are a coming!!:mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts