Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, y'all-
I've spent the last couple of days laying out my draw sequence for next year. I hunt the Northern portion of the state pretty much exclusively, with the exception of Cougar- I'd like to hunt Zion for that one. My sequence is as follows-
Deer: Northern, usually N. of Mirror Lake Hwy. Though, I do occasionally hunt Randolph area, as well as above the B for extended archery. Ditto for doe. Porterville for doe, 2nd choice.

Elk- Cache, Randolph area. Archery only. Have been hunting Davis/NSL for cow, but very frustrated. Next year trying for Cache, or Millville Face.

Pronghorn- Buck or doe, Cache archery or rifle. Also like Bonanza. We'll see what the draw brings.

Turkey- Hoping to apply for Middle Fork WMA. Money's a little tight this week, have to see if I can swing it before the deadline.

Guess my point is, I've been hunting solo for too **** long. My family worries a bit more than I'd care for them to, and I'm also deterred by the prospect of a long, solo drag. Anyone here hunt these areas with room for one more in camp? I generally go for one hard-charging weekend with my extended family for deer, and that's it- the rest is solo. I guess I take hunting a lot more seriously than they do.
Perhaps an outing chasing bunnies, prairie poodles, or ducks would be a good way to break the ice. If we get along, then try for some more hunts in the future. Anyone game?
-Christian

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Sorry, I head south for my addictions.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I live in Cache Valley, and hunt solo most of the time except when I went with a guy I met from here. I do take my son with me when I can get him out of school. So if you don't mind hunting with youth we could hook up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.