Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,110 Posts
lionhunter said:
It is 35 for deer and 45 for elk :D
But lest we forget you'll now need a "hunting license" in addition to the elk/deer permit.

...the cost: $26-30.

New "cost" for your deer permit: $65

Thats called the government switcheroo!

For instance, last year we were able to get our home out of the "flood plain" which reduced our insurance by $800! Then we got our proprty taxes...a $1200 increase.

You pay more but it feels good... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have bought mine the day it expiered for the last couple of years. and before that I bought it jan 1st because thats the lucky ice fishing day. :wink: so for me all they did was went down. this year 07 I got my elk tag for 45 dollars so that was a bonus. :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ah, but lest we forget, the handling fees also went from $5.00 to $10.00. I always buy a combination license, so that's not a problem. But with the $10.00 handling/processing fee, they make up their money, and more when you put in for several different draws, as many of us do. They always find a way to make it look like you are getting a better deal, but in the end, they take care of themselves first. Anyone out there remember when a combination license cost $5.00 and it included your general deer season tag? Now, combination license, $30.00, deer permit, $35.00, processing fee, $10.00. $75.00 to hunt deer using a combination license, and $70.00 if you only want to buy a small game license. Yeah, they make sure they get theirs!

I know it sounds like I am complaining. Not really. Just clarifying the true cost of buying permits.

·
Registered
573 Posts
You know everyone complains about the price going up but when im out hunting and enjoying everything that goes on with hunting i would pay triple the price if not more. GOD I LOVE HUNTING!!!!! Come on 8/16/08.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I know what you are saying , inbow. I love hunting as well. There are a couple things I though I would gradually get over as I aged: 1. hunting and fishing, and 2. performing. But I have found that once they are in your blood, it is something you never out grow. I posted my band's web sit on this forum a while ago, http://www.8trackmindband.com to show how one never out grows some things.

I mentioned in my previous post about changes in pricing. But Inbow is right. Take your wife out to dinner and a movie and you spend anywhere from $30-$75. for three hours' entertainment. Look at how many hours I get for a combination license! Even adding the price of the other tags, by comparison, it's still pretty darn cheep entertainment. and how many memories are built going to dinner and a movie? I've seen tons of movies, and can't remember much special about most of them. But I can tell the story of my first deer, elk, antelope, and most of the others since! My eldest son and I have had some marvelous times together, as my eldest daughter! I'll never forget her first deer kill! And neither will she. :D

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
found some big game license's had laying around from years back now these are with deer tags included
1981 - $10.00
1984 - $10.00
1986 - $15.00
1989 - $15.00
1992 - $15.00

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
no I put them in a drawer, my business license is not framed either. i never started to save some of them until 1981. have my first swan permit from 1985.

How about some trespass permits that I paid $3.00, for pheasant hunting out in weber county

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
you know I wear them on the first date.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
silversalmon66 said:
Niiiiice! :lol: :lol: :lol:
funny that is the same thing you said that night.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I apologize for the length of this post but please read all of it before passing judgement. Every time I make the drive from Salt Lake to Kamas my heart sinks as I watch even ever more prime wildlife habitat disapear. I remember shooting shage grouse right where Home Depot sits today. The hills between Park City and Kamas used to be some of the best deer hunting in the country. How many of you remember fishing with your dad on the Provo River between Francis and Hailstone? I cannot help wondering what might have been if fourty years ago the UDWR would have had the funds ( when land was ?150/acre) to buy or lease large tracts of this habitat to preserve for future generations. Just think of all of the hunting and fishing opportunities we would have today but in reality are gone forever. You can say what you want about anti-hunters but the greatest threat to our huntinig and fishing way of life is the loss of wildlife habitat.The bottom line is that the preponderance of funding for the UDWR comes from sportsmen's dollars. I am OK with the concept that those who benefit the most from services foot the majority of the cost to provide those services. But the conservation, preservation and management of wildlife habitat benifits not only game harvested by sportsmen but all wildlife period. Every man, woman and child in Utah benefits from the efforts of the UDWR in conserving, protecting and managing wildlife resources and wildlife habitat. By the time I pay for all of my hunting and fishing fees I really can't afford much donated funds for habitat preservation above the built in habitat fees. And though I do not have figures to support this I strongly suspect that the funds the UDWR has to preserve habitat are wowfully lacking. I would like to see more general fund tax dollars diverted to the DWR not necessarily to decrease my permit fees but rather to provide more funding for the preservation of widlife habitat and recreation opportunities for hunters, fishemen and every other Utahn. My 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts