Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a week in the Billings area. I fished the Yellowstone for smallies and trout on different days. We did pretty good on the smallies but no big ones 2 lbs. max, the bigger ones are further downstream. Of course the trout are all over but mainly west of Billings. I fished a small stream and lake near Red Lodge that was really sweet, and caught a bunch of small native rainbows, and browns. Also fished Cooney for walleyes and did ok, we took 5 home from that trip. Here's a few pics, sorry not all fishing afforded easy photo ops.
[/img]
I dunno why some of these pics are chopped off but they are. I usually let all fish go, but sometimes you gotta just fry some up.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Those are some beautiful bass. I bet that was a riot considering you were fighting them and the current. I wish I knew how to fish rivers better.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nibble Nuts said:
Those are some beautiful bass. I bet that was a riot considering you were fighting them and the current. I wish I knew how to fish rivers better.
Yeah, the current made it even more fun,thus having a good drag became more important than lake fishing. My Pflueger's held up fine.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bwhitty said:
is that a new flavor of mountain dew? fish flavored yum!!!!!
I could tell you the secret lure that was the "Ticket" for them, but then that would save you so much money in gas and lure purchases, it would take all of the fun out of it.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Hey FishKitty, sweeeeeet report. *()* I'm jealous of ya, especially seeing those smallies. They fight really tough in the river don't they? Great pics. too. I didn't even know the Yellowstone had smallies. :eek: If it wasn't so far --------. :( I see you kept some for eatun, good on ya! No hassel from the C&R guys yet? :wink:
Leaky

1 - 13 of 13 Posts