Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been seriously hampered in our pursuit of fish from our float tubes this year because of the persistent winds. :mad:

We have discussed driving two vehicles so we could park one down wind and just drift but your never quite sure where you might end up.:p

The next seven-day forecast doesn't look any better.:cry:

Maybe I'm just getting wimpy in my old age.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Man, no kidding. Especially with your preferred way to fish. Nothing ruins the enjoyment of float tube fishing more than stiff winds.

At least up here I have had some decent river and shore options that have worked, but even those are affected by unsettled weather.

·
Administrator
10,907 Posts
Colorado blows (all that “medicinal weed”).

It does seem more windy this year!

Well, did you inhale?

Here in Colorado we have been sucking air up from New Mexico.

I've been trying to get out to the shooting range for a couple of weeks now. It's hard to tell what kind of group you have when the wind is blowing 40 mph

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
525 Posts
I agree I don't recall in all the years living in Utah and it's a lot of years have we had winds like the last 2 yrs it's the strong wind gust that I hate and like taxidermist mentioned Mother nature is telling us something!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been in Summit County for 22 years. I have lots of memories of playing in the yard with the kids growing up with no wind at all. I have memories that it was actually hard to teach them to fly kites here because of the altitude and lack of wind, so we would do it on beach holiday instead. I think the wind showed up when we had the El Nino/Nina shift some years ago, and it's just gotten worse since.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I agree I don't recall in all the years living in Utah and it's a lot of years have we had winds like the last 2 yrs it's the strong wind gust that I hate and like taxidermist mentioned Mother nature is telling us something!
Yeah, I've lived in Cedar almost 2 decades now and it's persistence seems different recently. I've experienced faster winds here, I think we maxed at ~ 75 mph when we lost a few shingles, but this days on end doesn't seem familiar. We are going on 4 to 5 days of steady wind at my place.

It's annoying but I also wonder how it will affect precipitation and soil moisture. And maybe ice off timing & reservoir levels, eventually, if it is the new trend?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts