Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a white tail in Perry, Utah today in one of the orchards just off the freeway. He was a 2 point and he was with 4 muley does. I didnt have a camera to snap a picture but i will go back tommaro and see if they are still there.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I kid you not, a good friend of mine, worked for the Fish and Game about 6 years ago and on his Grandpa's land found three or four white tails and let his agency know about it and was told he could go shoot all of them. Does anyone currentley know how the Fish and Game or DWR handles this situation. It sounded like to me at the time they did not have a standard procedure but handled the reportings diffrently on a case by case situation.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
On an interesting note. My brother found a shed this year that looks like it could have come off a whitetail. I'm not saying it did but, the difference in color and shape compared to the other sheds suggest it may be. He found it in the pleasant view area not to far from perry.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
The craziest thing that ever happened to me was when I saw a ****** on the extended. He was a small spike and was hanging out with 4 does and a good 3x4 that my buddy shot. I had a 40 yard shot at him that I would have taken had I realized it was a ******. To me he looked like a wierd looking doe. Until he ran off and was waving his flag tail. Unbelievable. Never saw him after that. I think he probably got run off by the muleys.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I saw what I am 95% sure was a nice whitetail buck at Farmington Bay Saturday. I could clearly see the whitetail shaped antlers and white flag tail as it bounded away. I say 95% because it was dang early and I was rubbing sleep out of my eyes on the way to fling steel at ducks. My son, an expert at identifying wildlife, is 100% sure it was a whitetail. It was with a doe in an area where I didn't see another soul all day. It walked to within 30 yards of us in the pre-dawn light and was a fun way to start the day.

·
Registered
834 Posts
The Perry whitetail makes some sense to me. We have a ranch in Perry on the west side of 89 just down from where Kathy's Cafe was. I was out there on the pheasant opener and I jumped a deer in the orchard that I only got to see for a couple seconds, but I swear the tail had been raised in the white flag of a whitetail.

But I guess it makes sense, they harvested a whitetail up by Tony's Grove a few years back. Might have been the late 90's if I remember correctly?

·
Registered
309 Posts
This is an honest question, and I am by no means questioning the folks that have posted their personal accounts of seeing white tail.

Has the DWR verified that there is a white tail population in Utah???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.