Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
christmas this year was a banner year!
Ever tell your family that "you don't want a single thing except...?"
Usually, for me (not to sound like an ungrateful b*stard), My family blows (cumulatively) hundreds of dollars on a bunch of knick-knacks and junk that ends up in a box in the garage. Literally- I've got several boxes in the back corner of the garage full of Christmas' past. Stuff I don't have any use for, yet I just asked for a fishing license or a canister of powder. Where the hell is the powder? It's the thought that counts. :shock: :oops:
This year- WOO-HOO!

'Ken Waters' "Pet Loads" ' (1,072 pages of reloading data!)
A fully stocked fly-tying kit and all the hardware (finally, something to keep me out of the bars this winter)
Lots of quiet, waterproof sh*t weather gear
a saddle (for my fiance'!) circa 1895-beautiful!
Socks and more socks- Wool with scentlock (they don't stink, it's for HUNTING 8) )
a countertop progammable auto-rotisserie oven for birds. This has gotta be one of the coolest things I've ever seen!
a gaggle of Lous L'aMour novels- Great hunting reading for cold nights in the tent.

I know it's in poor taste to brag; I just had to tell somebody!
Happy Festivus (for the rest of us) everybody!
Next hunting season is gonna ROCK! All five months of it :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I got 50 bucks from my mom for Christmas.... WOOOO HOOOO!!!. For Christmas from the wife.... nothing.... well, at least nothing purchased. :lol:

Thats awesome that you got what you really wanted finally..... Usually I just wind up with money or a gift card because folks got tired of me pack ratting all the useless stuff they'd get me. 8)

·
Registered
610 Posts
I had a good year as well. My wife and daughter got me a Laser Rangfinder and a real nice leather jacket. My inlaws gave me a Cabelas gift certificate that I am going to use to get a new Fanny Pack and some other odds and ends. My wife and daughter had a fun day yesterday, we had lots of family and friends over and to top it all off I don't have to go back to work untill Jan 2nd *(u)* :D !!!!

Mark

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm Jealous!!
I got a flannel shirt and some cookies

But my buddy did suprise me with a new I-C extended choke tube for my over-under.
Hummmm mentioning that reminds me I think I told her when I bought the O-U this year
it was my christmas present. Seems I do remember something about no more guns this year.

Oh well a new year is only 5 days away..I can wait..... :lol:

Spry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts