Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not as many as last year but the best time I have EVER had hunting.

My brothers and my sons both turned 5 this year and we decided the time was right to get em out ! Well after my son waking up every hour and asking if it was time to go yet. 4:00 AM came and we got suited up, met my brother and our dad and headed out, traditional Breakfast in Nephi and an hour later we started accross the field, I got a little teary watching my son laughing and so excited. I looked down and saw he was standing in the middle of my boot print and it made me hope for him to have years of hunting ahead as he followed my footsteps ( I know kinda cheesy but it chisled a memory in my mind)

Well walked a couple fencr lines and after about an hour my brothers old Britt pointed and we bagged the first rooster, then in like 2 more steps a second broke and flew up hit a tail wind and was gone. My dad laughed himself silly as we scrambled to shoot ( works better when your safety not on :roll: )

We got 2 more over next hour and headed back, the kids were fighting over who got to carry the pheasants and running to see who could pick up empty shells found along the way. All was perfect with the world and the best of days. The old man didnt shoot once but watching him talk and walk next to the grand kids you would think he got more then my brothers 2 or my 1......... maybe he did at that !
[attachment=0:nnzz5sye]wall 1.JPG[/attachment:nnzz5sye]

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Way to get the boys out. I hope there are a few birds left when my son is old enough to go with me.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took some door knocking but got on private property.... although friends that went to usual spot we hunt got 6 birds in like 4 hours....... So although it takes some looking they are still around, Not a fraction of what they used to be but definately still there....... and I dont know about Northern Utah but still around S central Utah !

It was just important to me to get my boy out, I figure if he stays excited about it then I got a hunting buddy for life !.... instead of siting in front of tv or playing video games.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts