Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who ice fishes?
Ice fishing is very high on my fishing list.
You could even say that I'm addicted to it! [My wife sure does! :oops: ]
Winter can cause some very serious cabin feaver issues and now that I can't ski any more, ice fishing has filled the void very well.
I don't limit myself to any one type of fish when ice fishing. In fact I love to target multi-species on the ice.
This past winter, I even hooked into a Tiger Muskie at Pineview.
So, why do you like to ice fish?

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope to have some kind of ice fishing get together this year.
We'll talk more about it as soon as we get safe ice.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Of course you already know that I do.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dubob, I have a very good feeling about Pineview this year.
That spot over on the South side of the narrows should produce some nice Perch this season.
I just hope that I can keep an ice augar running this year! :oops:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Here are my list of places to hit up this year ice fishing in no particular order(if accessable)

Holmes Creek
Pineview
Causey
Mantua
Hyrum
Lost Creek
East Cayon

possibles if there is good reports
Echo
Rockport

I also cant wait for some fall and winter fishing on the Weber, excellent times.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A great list, waltny, but I would add Strawberry to it! :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Strawberry would be great, but with no 4 wheeler, sled and with a hand auger(2 1/2+ feet of ice???), I cant justify a 2 hour drive to catch a bunch in the slot. That just me though. I think Ill be at homles the most with frequent trips to pineview and mantua.

G

·
Grandpa D ???? You pushed this issue last year and guess what happened....the lakes froze !!!!.... :p :p

A true story: A long time ago I had a friend who had a vasectomy, the doc ordered him to sit on a bag ice for at least three days to keep the swelling down...Well, my friend (me), got a little restless and not being able to sit in one spot for 5 seconds ( still the same ) my bro and I headed for Otter Creek. Coldest year I've ever seen. I 'sat' on that ice for three solid days never had a bite! Can't really say I froze my *** off but it did take care of the problem.... :D :D

Anyway...that was the end of my ice fishing...never done it since.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
.45, next time cut a hole in the ice and drop a line in! :oops:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey everybody. I just found this site and am excited to be here. I love ice fishing and I'm getting a shelter as soon as they come in so I am ready to go!!!

·
Registered
952 Posts
I love ice fishing! I really like Strawberry as well... But East Canyon treated us pretty good last year I must say. Grandpa D I think a get together on the ice is a great idea... And when they freeze Im there!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I love ice fishing I like to go to mantua. close to home and some good fishing but I try
other places to I sometimes go to Danels big fish there. love the sport.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
I love ice fishing. did some on my honey moon this year up at the berry and this year proubly do some up at pinview for are one year. I fishing is one of the funest fishing i have done. it nice to walk on teh water or ride the bikes and make it easyer to move around to find the fish. Hope to do a little morre ice fishing this year.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I love ice fishing as well..it lets us losers who thought it was a good idea to sell his boat and free-load off his uncles boat. the chance to get out in the middle of the lake with a short stick. some of the places I go are

causey
pineview
strawberry
and a few secret locations only reached via snowmobile or snowshoe

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No boats, but I did have a guy with a parashute and a snowboard buzz me at Pineview last winter.
I'm not sure, but it may have been Super Dell! *()*

1 - 20 of 25 Posts