Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a little tub of "Stanley's Ice-Off Paste", ever heard of it? Its a clear greasy paste that you put on your line/guides and its supposed to not let ice accumulate on your guides (annoying). I hate it when it does that so I thought I would give it a try. Anyone ever tried anything like this? Ill let you know how it does.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It works pretty good. Make sure you apply it before you start fishing. On cold, cold days you have to re-apply it every 10 minutes. It does help reduce ice build up, but doesn't eliminate it. I used chapstick for years and this stuff works a little better.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Jeremy28 said:
I just bought a little tub of "Stanley's Ice-Off Paste", ever heard of it? Its a clear greasy paste that you put on your line/guides and its supposed to not let ice accumulate on your guides (annoying). I hate it when it does that so I thought I would give it a try. Anyone ever tried anything like this? Ill let you know how it does.
Are you ice fishing or fishing open water or a river? It works pretty good for ice fishing and so so for the other two. If you are fishing open water or a river, just dip your pole in the water and the ice will melt right off. I imagine that would work while ice fishing as well.

Once the temp gets below 10 degrees it is pretty much a lost cause. It forms really fast at that point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts