Utah Wildlife Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anywhere in Utah to fish safe ice yet???

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
the Maverik Center?

·
Administrator
21,406 Posts
It's time to get the UWN Ice Fishing Forum up for 2015/2016.

Hang on, it's coming.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I would not want to backpack an auger up to that lake. Also, I love some icefishing but a 1.5 hour hike in the snow is a little too much for me.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I would not want to backpack an auger up to that lake. Also, I love some icefishing but a 1.5 hour hike in the snow is a little too much for me.
You're thinking about it wrong. If you change your perspective to, you're going hiking/snowshoeing with the bonus of fishing, that's a great opportunity. :grin:

But, yeah. I wouldn't go either.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
I'm sure Ton Def will be on here pretty quick and give us the heads up:mrgreen:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hear trial lake and the surrounding area has safe ice... I will be skipping the uintah's this weekend and heading down south to have a peak at my favorite early ice lake. I'll update when I get back

·
Registered
650 Posts
Take a look at Scofield or Hunnington Res. They ice up early. I heard Scofield capped over a week ago. Most years I fish one of them Thanksgiving weekend.

·
Administrator
21,406 Posts
bump

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
American fork canyon has been closed for about two weeks I believe. There's nothing left up there to fish. They have drained them for some dam repairs.

·
1,666 Posts
There is ice on the Green River in Wyoming and it is 5 degrees at the moment. Firehole should be frozen over shortly, within the next few days if not already

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.