Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, went out today alone with my dog... figured we'd give the Salt another shot. Man, it was dang cold out there... and it didn't help at all that all my patches on my neoprenes are giving up the ghost so I had ice cold feet most of the morning as well. Buddy had his vest on but he still shivered up a storm so I figured the ice water was working on him too. I had every intention of dumping all GW teal today... but even the best intentions sometimes get thrown off track and today was no different. The teal weren't around as much today and because the air was so **** cold and my feet were basically blocks of ice, I finally bagged the teal idea and wound up with three Spoonies and two Teal. Oh well.. it was fun and I got some video of the birds (I've got a long way till I'm good at it) and also one of Buddy getting the last bird, my second GW teal. Anyway, here are some pics...> Todd, good of you to stop by, nice to see you again. What did you find out on the four wheeler guys??

A few birds still hanging tough out there....

The plate shot

I just really like the ducks on wood fence look so here's another one.

I'll remix some of the short 30 sec or so videos and string them together as one video and then edit it in tomorrow along with Buddy's retrieve. Not sure who posted one of their yellow lab retrieving a duck (it wasn't lame at all, very cool actually) but they inspired me to get one of Buddy working the water. Till tomorrow, enjoy...

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, after a little remix messing around in Photobucket, here's what I came up with. Definitely not that good... but I'll work on that. I think perhaps shivering had a lot to do with shaky camera work.... it was fun for me to do that though. Anyway... enjoy... oh and be sure and click on full size when you view it in my photobucket account. That'll kinda supersize it for you and it won't be so tiny.

Buddy fetching up a Hen Spoonie

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next season I'll try and get some video of the spoonies landing in my spread. Some of them I could have poked with an oar or something.... they were right on top of me. There is a huge difference between laying in some small boat or something and building a blind on the shore like I used to do.... The birds just don't know you're there until they're basically in your lap. :lol: If I can figure out the video bit, I can have some sweet videos to post up next season. As it is, I'm about done out there, its just too stinking cold with my waders leaking like crazy and so I'll have to get it all figured out so I can put some quality stuff up this fall. Glad you liked the video Hairy1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts