Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had some average Hodgman waders for a looong time. They've been patched over patches. The seams are leaking, boots are cracked and they are beyond repair. After the youth hunt, I had water up to to my crotch INSIDE my waders. So, I'm in the market for some huntin' waders. I'm a foot soldier, and every once in a while, get to go out on the in-laws boat.

What do you have? What would YOU get?

Thanks for the tips in advance. Y'all are an awesome group of folks.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Cabelas breathables. You will never look back. They have been the best money I ever spent for duck hunting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I hadn't thought of breathables. I assumed I'd freeze my keester off when it's single digits. How do you stay warm when mother nature has other ideas?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Interesting. I hadn't thought of breathables. I assumed I'd freeze my keester off when it's single digits. How do you stay warm when mother nature has other ideas?
They freeze there kaesters off. :) They are great in the early season but when it gets cold the 5Mil neoprene and 1600 gram boot is hard to beat. I have two pairs of waders. If you do go with the breathables get you some good thermals and a nice pair of fleece wader pants. they will keep you warm but plan on cold feet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wore breathable waders all year last year including when I made my own holes in the ice. Fleece pants and warm socks kept me waem.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Order them in stout and you will have room to layer as much as you want in them
I have a pair of 6mm exterme waders. They never get used.
Good socks and thermals. And those water pant are nice too

·
Registered
460 Posts
I personally haven't hunted out of them but Banded's INSULATED breathable waders sure look nice. I wore them around in Mack's a couple weeks ago and was really impressed. 1600 gram boot and insulated..:cool:.they felt just like a set of bibs. They also make an uninsulated version that has 1200 gram boots. Probably going to own a pair of each...

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
Nothing wrong with wearing the breathables all season. You just have to layer properly and have at least 1000 gr. Thinsulated boots. The thing I like about breathable waders compared to neoprenes is the fact they are so much easier to move in, and you don't sweat your balls off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts