Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have a shortage of expo threads, so I thought I'd add another. On this link Randy Newberg(BigFin)broke down in one of his posts a shortfall of required expo funds that aren't accounted for being put back where they are required. His post is about at the bottom of the page.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=266497

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
1,682 Posts

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
I think its more important to just identify who these mysterious people are. They are able to craft a decision that the board HAS to adopt? Who are these people that should be held accountable to the public?

-DallanC
They are "independent" :mrgreen:

"Conservation groups that are interested in submitting a proposal are encouraged to submit their response as directed by the Utah Division of Purchasing and General Services by November 24, 2015.
Responses will be reviewed by a five-person evaluation committee that includes representatives from the Utah Division of Purchasing and General Services, the Utah Department of Technology Services, the Utah Department of Natural Resources, the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources and the Office of Governor Gary R. Herbert.

So the Governor appoints the Wildlife board, and they are supposed to advise the DWR, but......this group has the final say on telling, well...I guess themselves what to do.

Need I say more? The fox is not guarding the hen house, he has set up shop in it.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Randy Newberg also posted this as what the state gave as a process:

FORMAT

Proposals should be concise, straightforward and prepared simply and economically. Expensive displays, bindings, or promotional materials are neither desired nor required. However, there is no intent in these instructions to limit a proposal's content or to exclude any relevant or essential data.
Seems like RMEF did just fine to me. Looks like it's time to apply more pressure and send some more emails and make some more calls. What were they hoping this information wouldn't come forward before the public forgot?

Reactions: bowhunt3r4l1f3

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just to be clear, Randy's comments in the link above appear to be referring to Conservation Permits not Expo Permits. Conservation Permits are the auction tags that are sold at banquets during the year.

Hawkeye

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to be clear, Randy's comments in the link above appear to be referring to Conservation Permits not Expo Permits. Conservation Permits are the auction tags that are sold at banquets during the year.

Hawkeye
That is correct, sorry I still mix them up. But really between SFW and MDF from 2013 funds there is around $520,000 not accounted for, where is it? And yes they have 2 years to spend the money but they have money that isn't accounted for every year of that required 60% where the hell is it?

Reactions: bowhunt3r4l1f3

·
Administrator
3,810 Posts
Yesterday I called RMEF to get my annual membership, the real reason of calling was to voice my opinion that they pursue legal action against this corruption. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't they the only group that could file a suit?

I wonder what difference it could make if more people called RMEF and implored them to pursue legal action. Hopefully they would see that the people need them to win this battle.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yesterday I called RMEF to get my annual membership, the real reason of calling was to voice my opinion that they pursue legal action against this corruption. Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't they the only group that could file a suit?

I wonder what difference it could make if more people called RMEF and implored them to pursue legal action. Hopefully they would see that the people need them to win this battle.
Yes they are the only ones that can take legal action. I also emailed them and thanked them for their involvement, and renewed my membership early. I told them to seek legal action as well. I've emailed the attorney generals office, several news sources, the wildlife board, expo sponsors, and the director of the division. I've got plenty more to send to.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Has anyone filed a GRAMA request for everything? For the members of the selection panel, for any emails, handwritten notes, recorded conversations between those members or any communications regarding MDF/SFW, the RFP, etc? Those redacting SFW's bid might disagree with SFW on what is redactable. I don't know how the proposals can truly be compared with what SFW released.

I know SFW released their almost entirely blacked out version and RMEF released theirs openly, but there is a lot more to learn here other than what was in the bids.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts