Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it must be true that there is walleye at Homes Creek. The reason that I can say that I was fishing there this past weekend and saw one swim past fish camra, and yes I do know what a walleye looks like thanks to that big store in Lehi and there tanks.
I have never caught one thought, what are some good methods at doing that. Oh by the way seen alot of trout, bass, bluegill and crappie there as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Iwas just rig for trout with a wata-cricket (remenber Hook Tackle Shop) with red power bait, and caught 6 and kept three for my family.

G

·
hydroteck said:
I have never caught one thought, what are some good methods at doing that.
Through the ice I would use spoons or tube-jigs tipped with perch or sucker meat. Nightcrawlers might work also. A good rig to catch walleye and perch/panfish would be a 1/4 oz Kastmaster or Swedish Pimple tipped with perch meat and a 4" dropper below that with an ice-fly or Rat Finkee tipped with a wax worm or perch eye. I have caught a couple through the ice at Deer Creek with this setup. The white bass and trout will hit the spoon also. Even perch will hit it if they are aggressive. Otherwise it makes an excellent attractor for the smaller offering below. Just dont overdo it with the jigging. Use small, steady 12-18" jigs with a pause of about 30 seconds in between where it is either still or you can "jiggle" it slightly.

PS - Where is Homes Creek?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yep their are. I have not seen any big ones but when i took my nephew down fishing earlier in the fall we saw some minnows that i know were eyes because they had their fin up and all that jazz. Wish i could catch one. holmes is by vally view golf course on gentile. I think its called vally view.. if not its the golf course on gentile i know that. ha :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have not fished there for 9 years but 9 years ago I would catch bass and walley regularly. I landed a 26 inch walley from there back then.Dont know if there is any still but I do know they use to be in there.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ive caught 2 decent sized walleye out of Holmes. They both took a brown trout pattern krocidile on a stop/pull retrieve. Both times I though I snagged a wet rag or some random piece of clothing you find all over the place down there....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts