Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya we are gonna have some kind of rabbit dish for new years dinner tomorrow it looks like. Ive been browsing the recipe section a bit but am open to recommendations. The only way I cook these critters is just like the chuckars - chicken fried. I might stick with that....

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of my favorite things to do with a pile of bunnies is a big olé pot pie. I also like to use boned out pheasant and chukar legs in pot pies. It's about the only way I care to eat game bird legs. What ever you do I'm sure it'll be tasty.
That sounds dang good. Ive never made a pot pie myself. Might need to check this out.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
My hands down favorite is buffalo wing bunnies. Works best with the front and hind legs, and I will do the backs boneless for ease in eating.

Dredge the cleaned rabbit pieces in seasoned flour (salt, pepper, garlic salt), dip in an egg beaten with a little water, and dredge in another plate of seasoned flour with crushed rice chex or ritz crackers. Deep fry at 350 degrees until golden and crispy and toss in a mixture of equal parts butter and Frank's Redhot. Seriously, it is a surefire way to win over a tough customer! (if they don't like too much heat, add more butter and it will cool the hotsauce down)

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My hands down favorite is buffalo wing bunnies. Works best with the front and hind legs, and I will do the backs boneless for ease in eating.

Dredge the cleaned rabbit pieces in seasoned flour (salt, pepper, garlic salt), dip in an egg beaten with a little water, and dredge in another plate of seasoned flour with crushed rice chex or ritz crackers. Deep fry at 350 degrees until golden and crispy and toss in a mixture of equal parts butter and Frank's Redhot. Seriously, it is a surefire way to win over a tough customer! (if they don't like too much heat, add more butter and it will cool the hotsauce down)
And I think we have a winner!! The wife is cooking regular buffalo wings so l can work this right in to the mix!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts