Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to Jordanelle on Sunday afternoon. Almost the only boat on the water. The wind was pretty heavy, so we stayed in the coves for the most part. Tried drop shotting, Senkos and tubes. Nothing was working so we decided to move to the other side of the cove with the trolling motor. My buddy had a small trout spoon on one of his poles, so he put it in the water while we were moving and hooked a small rainbow. As we were moving I called my dad on the phone and he suggested using a crankbait to locate the fish. I figured it couldn't hurt, so we tried it. Withing about 1.5 hours we landed about 12-15 smallies, with the biggest at around 16.5in. We were just trolling real slow along the shore with the cranks.
Anybody else out there have some good strategies for Jordanalle? What type of presentation and retreive method is used in drop shotting. I think I may have been presenting it wrong.

·
Registered
287 Posts
As Fatbass said, lures like spinnerbaits will be better when the water warms. Dropshots rigs are generally used after you're located the fish. The presentation is very subtle and a lot of times all the action that is needed can be provided by the waves when in a boat. The idea is to let the sinker hit bottom and then move the plastic offering just enough that the sinker doesn't move. This gives is a weightless presentation which bass seem to like when the fishing is tough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts