Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time was particularly sweet for me. On my duckie sneak, I approached the river behind a big bush. It allowed me to sneak up but the downside is if they fly downriver the big bush gets in the way. Soooooooo, we ***** footed behind the bush and then around and about 6-8 jumped, most behind the bush. :( Picked a drake that was still visible heading behind the bush, swung and squeezed off a shot. Wow, he crumpled. As he was falling, he went out of site behind the bush so didn't see where he went down. A split second latter another drake came out behind the bush heading across me and close!!! Well I swung and snapped a shot at him and he crumpled too and out of site behind some more brush and stuff. :) Of course Sparky was off looking for the first, heard my second shot and headed to the river looking. Well, I figured the first would be easy to find because it seemed like it was probably in the water. This is a big hole kind of damned up with pretty deep water so I figured he wasn't going anywhere. Yelled at Spark to find the duck and tried to direct him towards where I thought he disappeared. This was dry land with brush and stuff. Well, he wasn't where I thought he went down and it took a while to find. Boy, I was relieved and praised up the Sparkinator when we found him. :D
Now the next one. Went around the corner/brush and no duck in the water!!!!! :cry: Went around the shore and river rock, no duck????? ****, I don't want to lose him!!!!! Had to be here somewhere. Hunted and hunted, nothing. :x Crossed the river down river and came back along the other side. Had Spark searching, nothing. As we proceeded along the bank it gets pretty high and steep with a lot of brush. Didn't think he was there though since this was all the way across and a little further up river then I figured I hit him. Wrong!!!! Spark alerted up on top of the bank and went down into a big tree with a lot of dead fall and brush about half way down and dug him out. Yippeee ki yay!!!! :D Hey, 2 for 2 again!!! I'm starting to get a big head!!!
I don't know, but these kind of experiences are just great to me. And then with the fishing, wow. I only hope I can remember em as I get older.
Leaky[attachment=1:1ol0snxp]Web 4a 11-13-07.jpg[/attachment:1ol0snxp][attachment=0:1ol0snxp]Web. 1a 11-13-07.jpg[/attachment:1ol0snxp]

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Dammit Leaky... seeing those on the email yesterday was bad enough.... now the forum? I don't know how much longer I can hold out... :lol: Great job buddy.... those are some nice birds, some hoggo trout and once again, Sparky proves that Goldens can hunt with any dog out there. Very nice!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
That is something I dont think I have ever done, Got some ducks and fish, not to mention them being a couple greeners and a nice brown!! Congrats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts