Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just wanted to say that after three years of trying to draw an Archery Deer tag, it has happend. It is super special to me as I have been archery hunting for about twenty years but I have never hunted deer with a bow. I am pretty excited and thought I would share.
Almost forgot. I drew the Oquirr/Stansbury tag which is awesome because it is so close.

Cheddar-

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats! Have a great hunt, I have archery hunted deer for about 20 years and it is a blast! Never hunted that area though, so no specific info to offer. I will say wait until they are bedded for an hour in the morning as they tend to move a few times early, based on my experience. anyway, good luck!

·
Registered
854 Posts
That's crazy it took you so long to draw an archery tag. This will be my first year hunting deer with a bow but I did hunt elk with a bow last year and it is super fun! I also like it cause it is a long hunt more opportunity to get out in the mountains. I think it is a great time to be out in the mountains as well!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have always hunted elk with a bow and the muzzleloader for deer. Ever since you had to choose one weapon/per species.

Cheddar-

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know the Oquirrh-Stansbury unit well, if you need any help let me know.
Very kind of you. I will for sure be contacting you, as I dont know it very well at all. Been there once in the last ten years or so.

Cheddar

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Todd, is this the same uncle that was with your brother last year? Great guys.
Yes. They are great guys. I am sure they will be contacting you, even though I have told them the same thing you will ha! Hopefully They can seal the deal this year.

Todd

·
Registered
168 Posts
With your uncle's foot out of a cast, he should be able to get around better. His name is Steve isn't it? It would be good to see those guys again. I will keep my eyes and ears open for them a big bull this summer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts