·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
21,406 Posts
Good press is a tough sell.

Put up something bad about Kennecott and you'll get a thousand hits.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
If some people only knew how much crystalline monoclinic selenium (the red powdery kind) was buried up there in massive dump sites........

I digress.

·
1,666 Posts
If some people only knew how much crystalline monoclinic selenium (the red powdery kind) was buried up there in massive dump sites........

I digress.
Along with Arsenic, Cadmium, Crystalline Silica, etc.

They actually do a supreme job at environmental protection.

I don't know if it is the threat of not getting the bond back or just doing the right thing - there might be no difference.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
I think they do a pretty good job now. Having worked at the 4th line expansion, Barney's Canyon, Moly Building, Tailings Pond, Refinery, Power Plant, Refinery and the Concentrator I can tell you some stories about stuff that has been buried by the truckload and allowed to leach into the earth and the water supply. There is a reason that the western half of the Valley must purchase all of it's water from other areas that have clean wells and pump it to reservoirs.

·
Administrator
21,406 Posts
I think they do a pretty good job now. Having worked at the 4th line expansion, Barney's Canyon, Moly Building, Tailings Pond, Refinery, Power Plant, Refinery and the Concentrator I can tell you some stories about stuff that has been buried by the truckload and allowed to leach into the earth and the water supply. There is a reason that the western half of the Valley must purchase all of it's water from other areas that have clean wells and pump it to reservoirs.
I have worked at the Power Plant and the Smelter. :)

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
and you are still smiling? I understand your memory situation a little more clearly now.

·
Administrator
21,406 Posts
and you are still smiling? I understand your memory situation a little more clearly now.
The boilers were fine. I didn't volunteer for the smelter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts