Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I live in Riverton I have searched the forums and want to see if I could get any "closer" locations for rabbit hunting. I know that this question has been asked like a billion times so my appoligizies. But...where are the most killer spots for rabbit hunting near Riverton? Thank you guys in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
3,984 Posts
Not to be rude, but you won't get an answer (at least a serious one) to that kinda question. Its hard enough to find a spot that has some, let alone enough to tell everyone about the spot without expecting an extermination. I have been wondering the same thing for the last year or so. In fact, the last 3 times I have been out I haven't seen more than can be counted on one hand, and haven't shot at any of them. They seem to be pretty scarce right now, and the pressure seems to be super heavy. My best guess would be to drive way out into the desert to look for a spot of your own. Its just too popular of an activity right now to expect to find anything close to home!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok that's understandable. If you haven't noticed I' a noob to these forums. So I don't really know what is taboo subject and what isn't. :(

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Pretty much anywhere withing 30 miles of Vernon you're going to find rabbits. Its no secret and remember pictures go great with reports. Good luck and happy hunting. Its about 45 minutes from Riverton. :D

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Not to Hijack a post, but oh well. My daughter gets here tomorrow, she leaves to go home Sunday. After that ( the following weeks ) I'm free and ready to go back out. I'll wear the boots next time. :oops: I'll bring a couple of the Varminters listed below.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Al Hansen said:
Not to Hijack a post, but oh well. My daughter gets here tomorrow, she leaves to go home Sunday. After that ( the following weeks ) I'm free and ready to go back out. I'll wear the boots next time. :oops: I'll bring a couple of the Varminters listed below.
Why not bring a real gun?? :shock:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool thank you for helping out an ol' chap! :D And I for sure will bring my cam. It's the least I can do for the info you gave me. And know that I'm not expecting to give me your guy's top spots. I will find them out in do time ;) just want to be pointed in the right direction. :)

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
I haven't hunted jacks in years, my pops used to take us out past Eureka towards Cherry Creek. Of course he used to live in Eureka and it wasn't much of a drive. Was pretty productive way back then. Bet there would be a yote or two way out there towards the border to.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Al Hansen said:
I haven't hunted jacks in years, my pops used to take us out past Eureka towards Cherry Creek. Of course he used to live in Eureka and it wasn't much of a drive. Was pretty productive way back then. Bet there would be a yote or two way out there towards the border to.
And doc, this is within 30 miles of Vernon. Remember people in general are lazy, get off the main road hike a little and you'll find them. They like Ceder trees and sage brush flats.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fixed blade said:
And doc, this is within 30 miles of Vernon. Remember people in general are lazy, get off the main road hike a little and you'll find them. They like Ceder trees and sage brush flats.
I'm not the average American. So I was planing to go hiking thanks bro. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
D*mn, Doc-
You really lucked out. Some of these guys can be real jerks when it comes to noobs. :shock:
Especially with 'where are/do' posts.

Try Rush Valley. Just about anywhere out there will do.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts