Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On the hunt for a new rifle. Sold the Savage 6BR that I was thinking of using the action to build off of, so looking at my options now.

Kimber Montana. Anyone have one? Need to try and find one local to check out. 5.2lbs per Kimber's site for one in 6.5 Creedmoor or 7mm-08. 22" threaded barrel. Kevlar/Carbon stock.

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
I think we have one or two down at Gunnies.

Reactions: Bax*

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
They seem like very nice rifles - I handled one in 25-06 a few days back. It'd make a heck of a lightweight packing rifle. I liked the stock material as well.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I just saw a 6.5 Creedmore Cooper at Scheels. Get your check book out.
Went and fondled the Coopers. A 6.5 CM in one of their Excalibur series is now at top of the list. They are not cheap...but looking at putting together a semi custom build..your in the same ballpark. Also handled the Kimber Montana and Ascent today. That Ascent is **** light...too light? The Montana is nice..not as nice as the Cooper (to me) but it's also 40% less $$.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
On the hunt for a new rifle. Sold the Savage 6BR that I was thinking of using the action to build off of, so looking at my options now.

Kimber Montana. Anyone have one? Need to try and find one local to check out. 5.2lbs per Kimber's site for one in 6.5 Creedmoor or 7mm-08. 22" threaded barrel. Kevlar/Carbon stock.
The 22 inch barrel would kill that deal for me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts