1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Very cool!!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Just one question. Why were you walking through the stream? You're crushing eggs with every step and causing silt to flow downstream and cover more eggs.

The river is closed until the end of the month.

⫸<{{{{{⦇°>

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Just one question. Why were you walking through the stream? You're crushing eggs with every step and causing silt to flow downstream and cover more eggs.

The river is closed until the end of the month.

<{{{{{°>
I was actually thinking this earlier but wasn't positive, folks are supposed to avoid any contact with them during the spawn.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could somebody define this better though? I only know that catching them during this time is restricted, because I did some research before I went up.

Hundreds of people are watching the kokanee run this year. No signs or warnings otherwise. Horses crossing the river everyday. Groups of horses.

Maybe it would be wise for some signage where the trail comes down to the creek.

Keep in mind, I'm not standing behind the camera, I've got the gopro on a fairly long pole. I wasn't sloshing through the dirt stirring up silt.

But hey, others will, and if this is illegal, we need to get the word out. How are you going to control which rocks a horse stands on in the river?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
While I'm at it.... I also agree that scaring and harassing the fish is even morally wrong. But you'll see in my opening clip and at 2:10 that I am clearly not scaring the fish.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Very nice video Sombeech...thanks for sharing. Good to see you again !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I'm not really sure what all the fuss was about with me walking in the river because the Utah DWR and had absolutely no problem with it and they posted it on their page

1 - 17 of 17 Posts