Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup. Took 18 pts. Scouted most of the unit over the weekend focusing on the access. Encouraging but only nannies and kids. Next trip will be a bit deeper into select areas. Any points of interest you know of?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I've seen them at the top of Beaver Basin, and at the top of Mount Peale and Mount Tuk. More often though around Peale and Tuk. Saw quite a few billy's up on Peale last time I was there but that's been a few months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you summit? With lots of folks hiking, biking, wheeling it makes sense the goats would be as far away as possible. I didn't glass any on Tuk or Peale because the clouds covered the peaks down to timberline for most of the mornings. I'm going back in two weeks and will head higher. Any other thoughts drop me a note.

Thanks for the observations

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I don't spend a ton of time looking for goats down there. Just see them when I see them. Should be an awesome hunt though. I believe there's some folks on here if you search out other LaSal topics you'll see there are some dudes with more experience than I have down there. I'd try sending them a PM. Not like this is a general season deer hunt looking for a honey hole. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts