Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to spend a couple of days fishing for walleye- Actually picked up a few and had a great fry- I grew up there and that lake and the islands have always been a major draw to me. But the HEX hatch was on- the one where they use snow plows to remove the 2 inch long Mayflies from the bridges. I will see if I can get any pictures off the cell phone since my camera battery was dead- Million upon millions of them- on the fish finder 4 ft volcanoes were being shown- they were the hatch happening- schucks everywhere- in the water 3 feet wide by a mile long and then 20 feet away that many again and again. Walleye were just chuck full and most guides were getting the big goose egg. We got a limit and 1/2. If you have never been there- just going and seeing the islands is worth it even if you don't fish- many things were still the same that they were in 1968.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
o

Sorry- boy was I lost - west end- actually fishing about 8 miles out from Camp Perry and David Bessie nuke. Noreaster came in Friday night- pushed all the water in the lake to the west end- rose the lake level by over 4 feet- many boats had their tie ups ripped right off. Some boats actually are sitting on land out of the marina.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts