Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting itchy to make a Lake Powell trip and need some advise. I used to go every few years but it's been almost 20 years now since I was there. I only have a small bass boat so Bull Frog seems out of the question for me as I remember it getting very nasty when the wind kicked up. We used to love going to Hite because it was less likely to get rough like the big side. But I understand there's only a river there now. We'd be camping in a RV so having a launch ramp near by would be good. Any Lake Powell experts with options?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wayne Gustavson regularly updates a website with specific information on how to be successful while fishing Lake Powell. I'll be down there this weekend, but I'll be at Bullfrog so I'm afraid I can't help with specifics. Wayne is the biologist for Lake Powell (and has been for centuries) and his number one goal is to promote fishing at Lake Powell, luckily for you he's out of Page, AZ so most of his reports come from fishing that side. He wants to help you catch fish and have a fun time! Because of that I highly recommend checking out his website and starting your trip by doing what he suggests.

Have fun :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts