Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An opportunity has presented itself for me to get a landowner elk tag but I'm not familiar with how the whole thing works. How are landowner permits acquired by the landowner? Can they just give them away to anyone? Is there something special a recipient of a land over tag must do when receiving a tag?

I just want to understand the whole process. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
depending on how much land they have and the possible damage that can occur, they can apply through the division for tags. then they get vouchers that you have to take to redeem for a tag. they can give them away or sell them.

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
If it is the landowner filing for a buck or bull tag due to the amount of property it has to go to the land owner or close relative.

If it is for damage to property it will most likely be a doe or cow tag and the property owner can sale or give those to another. It will be a voucher and you take the voucher to the DWR and buy the tag with that voucher. The animal must be taken on the property.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They already have the voucher and it is 5000 acres. I just have never even thought about a landowner tag because i don't have any land or know anyone willing to give a tag away until now.

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
They already have the voucher and it is 5000 acres. I just have never even thought about a landowner tag because i don't have any land or know anyone willing to give a tag away until now.
Sounds like you are good to go. I had a cow elk landowner voucher for the Panguitch unit a few years ago and gave it to a 15 year old neighbor that had never harvested an animal, I took him, hid dad and his brother up and it was a lot of fun finding him and elk and helping him to harvest it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts