Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am in Afghanistan and am not giong to get home till the end of Nov. I was wondering if anybody knew of some hunt that I might still be able to catch. Any weapon, preferably rifle though. Thanks

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Colorado season 4 I believe. Sorry, Nothing in Utah OTC.

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Treehugnhuntr said:
Colorado season 4 I believe. Sorry, Nothing in Utah OTC.
Season 4 is in November and will be over before you get home.

Since you are over there putting your butt on the line so I can sit here and type on my laptop while on the clock, I will see if I can find something for you. Any of you guys who have ideas, let's get this STUD of a man a tag!

PRO

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
humpyflyguy said:
Does anyone know if any of the CWMU operators might have some of their tags still open, maybe we can work something out with them.
I will call a couple of buddies of mine that operate a few CWMU's tonight. Landowner tags may be the best option if anyone can step up there. I'll chip in what I can to take care of this hero!

PRO

·
Registered
834 Posts
We get some mitigation tags every year at our ranch in Perry. I'm not sure how it would work because the tags are issued to me and my cousin. But if the DWR would allow it legally, he could at least take a doe off of our property. (bad news is, no rifle - Muzz, shotgun or archery only because of all the development in the area) But the herd needs thinning, we usually lose some to the winter, and I don't often have time to fill all of mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
By the end of Nov. all the rifle buck hunts will be over in UT and CO. You could hunt extended archery in UT, or in a late archery unit in ID. You might be able to wrangle up a late rifle tag in MT or WY? Late muzz in NE is open all of Dec. I bet you could find a doe or cow elk tag that would be open in UT. Good luck, hope you find a hunt.

D-Man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts