Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First one I learned is that even though you can see chukar footprints in the snow it in no way means you will be able to find the bird that made them. I criss-crossed my way all over the area that I saw the sign, and nothing. I thought at one time I heard them calling but it immediately stopped when I listened intently. I couldn't find them for the life of me! I'll keep trying though!!!
The second lesson was that no matter how hard I try, my boots will not break in. I have blisters now. I'm ready to throw them out!
I also learned that West Mountain is one hard sucker to access. I don't know that its really even worth it. Guess I'll keep looking for a honey-hole to call my own.
I did see a couple of bald eagles today though, which was cool.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yea been there done that on West Mountain I live only a few miles away. that mountain is deceiving but there are a few easier (if that,s possible) ways to hunt it. Did you hunt near the tower, East or West side? Are you from Utah county area? Did you have dog/s?

·
Premium Member
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was the other lesson-dogs are needed! No I don't have a dog. I was at the north end of the mountain, mostly on the east side as to stay away from the orchards on the west side. I was just driving my car, so I couldn't get too far up without tons of hiking. I really need a 4wd to get to where the birds are I'm afraid. Any suggestions on other parts to try?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts