Utah Wildlife Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
3,306 Posts
How often are you cleaning your centerfire rifles?
Don't shoot much any more but I always clean and lube them after every use. I recommend for the average hunter he keeps his rifles clean. If you are that rare guy that has determined his/her rifle shoots it's best shot, say after being fired a couple time(partially fouled), then by all means take a couple shots prior to the hunt.

· Registered
2,657 Posts
My wife would disagree with that concept !!
I've run out of places to put things after all these years. House and garage is full, cabin is full, and I have stuff in other people's houses and cabins.
😁

· Registered
1,788 Posts
Some years ago, I took an advanced rifle marksmanship course offered by some guy who's military resume included SF. He conducted the class at that range out near Price. Fella passed awhile ago, I don't know if he was really former SF, but he seemed to know what he was talking about. In that course i learned a lot of things. (Half of which i've brain dumped from having not practiced it). How to range with mill dots, how to use known measurements like say the width of a door, not to wrap your thumb around the stock, etc etc. I've still got all the coursework tucked away in a desk drawer. Anyway, one of the things I remember him saying, was not to clean your rifle every time you shoot it. For some reason, 70 rounds through the barrel sticks in my head. Anyway, take this for what it's worth. I knew a guy who said he was this, and said that...

Personally, I'm lazy. I don't like cleaning my rifles every time I shoot them anyway. So he just gave me an excuse. With today's ammo prices, I don't shoot enough to really foul the barrels anyway.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts