Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Why so many youth tags and why if there are left over youth tags don't they convert them to adult tags? this seams like a no brainier to me 90 youth tags left at $40 each in the draw $3600 more for DWR now take all the tags that did not get drawn at $40 and let some of us hunt

·
Registered
376 Posts
Pardon my rant but 3499 unfilled youth tags @$40 comes out to be $139.960 in their pocket right now (give or take) this is just wrong no hunt for two years on a general muzzy deer hunt come on! it should not take 3 points to draw a general deer tag and then 9 points put in on a 7 point cwmu crazy draw results for sure.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Bossloader,

I've suspected this would happen. As the herd improves, so does demand for tags; however, there is a strong adversion to increasing tags - particularly on the RAC level (stacked with SFW interests.) The DWR proposed very modest increases this year. Trophy hunters commented negatively in droves. General hunters didn't comment.

Start asking for reasonable tag increases on units that are over objective or get in line for another year!

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
I know im new to this whole tag system thing, but it seems like there's only so many "youth archery" tags because its more likely that youth fail at that particular hunt more than an adult would. if you were to give that many archery tags to adults, they would kill way more than were all those tags to be drawn by youth. so to say they should sell 3499 more tags to adults wouldn't quite fit into their conservation plan (regardless of how you feel about that plan, good or bad). and even for the general tags left over, doesn't the same logic apply? a lot less success for bows and muzzys, so you could not really convert all of those to gun tags and still stay within the conservation plan. like I said, im just a newbie, but that's my thoughts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts