·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
188 Posts
Vent -
214 left over cow tags that archers have a chance to compete for with everyone else. On the other hand they'll sell unlimited cow tags to rifle deer and elk hunters to reduce elk numbers? Boy I'd of liked to have a chance to put a cow in the freezer during a rifle season. Archery is second class in this state.
Done -

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
There are still the thousands of OTC antlerless general tags that can be purchased at your local WalMart for $30, unless I'm missing something here?

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I know there just seems to normally be more left over than this. There's thousands of control permits, and thousands of archery permits still to be sold. Let the anterless blood bath of 2015 begin.

Isn't it great to cattlemen got their way on a year we have so far seen a lot of rain and at very opportune times to keep things lush and green? Now we have to kill all our elk because they were crying drouth and couldn't wait for an August meeting to come and complain. Sportsmen better show up next year and email the hell out of the board. All these cow tags should not have been decided until the August meeting. We got rain well into June and have had storms statewide the last few days. Everywhere I've been is in good condition with a ton of grass. If it ends up being like the past few years we should also get storms into August to keep them that way too. The amount of cows that are going to bite the dust this year is unwarranted. If they continue to push this elk agenda I think it's time sportsmen start pushing them off public land grazing. We are by far the more powerful and influential part of public lands, both economically and by improvements. The mere .47% of beef production on public lands that's costing taxpayers millions has no leg to stand on and Utahs a tiny portion of that less than half a percent. It really upsets me, and if they want to keep pushing its time we shoved them back. Okay rant over.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Yes, I know there just seems to normally be more left over than this. There's thousands of control permits, and thousands of archery permits still to be sold. Let the anterless blood bath of 2015 begin.

Isn't it great to cattlemen got their way on a year we have so far seen a lot of rain and at very opportune times to keep things lush and green? Now we have to kill all our elk because they were crying drouth and couldn't wait for an August meeting to come and complain. Sportsmen better show up next year and email the hell out of the board. All these cow tags should not have been decided until the August meeting. We got rain well into June and have had storms statewide the last few days. Everywhere I've been is in good condition with a ton of grass. If it ends up being like the past few years we should also get storms into August to keep them that way too. The amount of cows that are going to bite the dust this year is unwarranted. If they continue to push this elk agenda I think it's time sportsmen start pushing them off public land grazing. We are by far the more powerful and influential part of public lands, both economically and by improvements. The mere .47% of beef production on public lands that's costing taxpayers millions has no leg to stand on and Utahs a tiny portion of that less than half a percent. It really upsets me, and if they want to keep pushing its time we shoved them back. Okay rant over.
Okay.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
It's funny how much you whine about the number of antlerless tags that are sold when so few are actually filled....

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's funny how much you whine about the number of antlerless tags that are sold when so few are actually filled....
On the Wasatch yes, do you realize that some tags last year had nearly a 90% success rate?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts