Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building one of those concealed gun wall mounts that looks like an American flag, and I want to put in my AR, pistol, and in future a tactical shotgun. Eventually I see myself buying the Mossberg 500 because I've heard lots of good things about it. So instead of having to take a trip to the store and risk just buying it on the spot and angering the Mrs.... :p I figured I would ask here to see if anyone could measure it for me so I know that I am making it long enough. With my AR it should be a good width but I just wanted to make sure.

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
Somewhere between 27" and 50" depending on the stock and the barrel length you get.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
If you're doing it yourself I would take the barrel to a gunsmith and have him measure and cut it one inch over the legal minimum and get it documented to kingdom come. You don't want feds throwing you in jail for a less than legal length barrel and if a gunnie does it and it's all documented to heck you will be good to go.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you're doing it yourself I would take the barrel to a gunsmith and have him measure and cut it one inch over the legal minimum and get it documented to kingdom come. You don't want feds throwing you in jail for a less than legal length barrel and if a gunnie does it and it's all documented to heck you will be good to go.
The 18.5" barrel seems to be the most common one I am finding in the listings online. I wouldn't dare try and hack a barrel off cause that seems to be asking for trouble. haha I think I have tripped my works' website restriction more times than I can count trying to get on websites to look at guns.... whoops ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Administrator
10,481 Posts
For their tactical line the shortest is 28" overall and the longest is 41"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts