Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with LL Beah fishing gear, specifically their wading boots? Fly Rod & Reel had an article about new wading boots and they got decent reveiws, look kindof funny though. They are one of the less expensive boots that offer the sticky rubber sole. I just would like to know what kind of durability to expect from them. I have had Simms Freestones for nearly 5 years now and may need a new pair soon, but they do not offer them with the AquaStealth soles.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
If you get the same advise I get everytime I ask about ANY fishing gear other than Simms, then you will get the same elitist reply: If it isn't Simms, you isn't nobody. Go spend the big bucks and get the quality. If you can't afford it go ahead and wear that cheap stuff so we can laugh behind your back.

I've been looking at their $59.00 fly weights. I could buy 11 pairs for the price of the high end Simms. I'd have to fish alone though.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I don't think LL Bean makes their equipment- just the name on it. Hell the Presidents shop there though (0:
Now you probably could find the soles you want and have a shoe cobbler put them on and do a great job making them a new boot. I have done that with my boots and been very pleased with the out come.
Now the Simms- great stuff and quality- I don't have any though- I have my Orvis waders that I hid the label on them (0: They are dirty and beat and get taken thru crap that they shouldn't but they are still going after 4 years of hard wear.
You will find though time and again that quality stuff lasts longer and you usually pay for the quality whether you believe it shouldl be that much or not. You usually are a little more comfortable over the long run also. I try and cut costs where ever I can but sometimes you pay for that philosophy at the most inopportune times. But then again if I cared what others thought I might have stress and I don't.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Oh, I've got stress! I've been admitted to the USH by some on this site. It's mostly in good fun. I've found, I can actually take it as well as give it out. That's not the case with a lot of folks.

I'll be seeing you on that solitary water come summer. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts