Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the logan today at about 1 PM. I fished for about an hour and a half. Landed four fish, and lost about 4 others. It was raining/snowing hard. I got the first fish on a #16 Adams. The other three were landed on a #20 Griffiths Gnat. My biggest was a 16 inch brown. The fish did not seem to take nymphs today. They only fed on the surface. There were quite a few rising. For some reason they like the rain.

·
Registered
385 Posts
nice job on a 16"er. thats a rarity for trout on that river. good job. im surprised they didnt want a nymph, they usually do when i go but its nice to see a trout rise to a dry.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Pavlik said:
I fished the logan today at about 1 PM. I fished for about an hour and a half. Landed four fish, and lost about 4 others. It was raining/snowing hard. I got the first fish on a #16 Adams. The other three were landed on a #20 Griffiths Gnat. My biggest was a 16 inch brown. The fish did not seem to take nymphs today. They only fed on the surface. There were quite a few rising. For some reason they like the rain.
I have had some of my best dry fly days in the rain. If it's a constant drizzle outside, I grab my pole because there is usually a hatch going on. I think some insects just like the cooler temps and cloudy days.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the rain seems to be the key up there. I went to the same spot on Sunday (a day later). It was partely sunny. I had abouut 4 strikes, and landed 1 fish. It was not near as good as the previous day. Fish still hit the dries.

Pavlik

1 - 4 of 4 Posts