Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
man pav. you really have that area figured out. those are some nice fish for that river. good job.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude, the rain is key up there. Yesturday, I got there as it was still sprinkling. I got those two and missed about 4 others. Once the rain died down, the fish stopped. You have to go when the weather seems "least favorable" and tough it out. I think that the rain causes those big guys to relax a little more. They don't spook when they see your line smack the water, because the surface is already stired. One time when it was raining and hailing hard (about a month ago), I stayed in the same hole and caught fish after fish. The biggest was a 17 inch whitefish.

Oh yea, one of my fish that I missed wa HUGE. I am not sure of the size, but right as I was yanking my rod back for another cast at the end of my drift, I saw this huge head come out of the water for my top bug. But, I yanked the fly right out of its mouth with the cast O|* -#&#*!- . It looked like a brown.

By the way. This goes for all people. PLEASE drive carefully out there. I was riding my moped back and the ground was still wet. Some numbnuts in a Jeep decided to make a right turn from the left lane while I was in the right lane. Caused me to slam my breaks and lock both wheels on the slick pavement -)O(- . If my luck was going the wrong way that day, I would not have been here typing this report.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts